15 Minutes Churro Sticks – easy, crispy sticks made with puff pastry, rolled in melted butter and coated with cinnamon-sugar mixture, served with warm chocolate dipping sauce . It sounds like visit to Disneyland and eating your favorite, number one treat – Churros.
I just LOVE, LOVE how simple and easy they are to make. You will need 15-20 minutes top to make this amazing snack. You’ll just have to wait half an hour to thaw your puff pastry, and then in no time crispy Churro Sticks will be on the table.
I’m a huge fun of Churros but squeezing dough into a pot of boiling oil and then fishing each one before it become too brown, doesn’t sound like a lot of fun, at least for me. So when I saw this simple way to make churros at home using puff pastry and baking them in the oven instead frying in hot oil, I had to try it. Why have I never thought to use puff pastry to make Churros before, it’s such a great idea?!
15 Minutes Churro Sticks – easy, crispy sticks made with puff pastry, rolled in melted butter and coated with cinnamon-sugar mixture, served with warm chocolate dipping sauce .
- 1 puff pastry sheet-thawed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter-melted
- 3.5 ounces dark chocolate- chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 450 F and line cookie sheet with parchment paper (or spray with cooking spray)
- Unfold the puff pastry and cut it in half (lengthwise), then cut into strips (less than 1 inch wide)
- Gently transfer the strips onto baking sheets and bake 8 to 10 minutes(until golden brown)
- While the churros are baking melt the butter and set aside.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar and set aside.
- While they are still warm, roll baked churro sticks into melted butter ( don’t soak them, just coat all the sides) then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Roll and dip one stick at the time.
- To make the sauce pour hot heavy cream over chopped chocolate, let it sit for one minute, then stir until smooth. (The sauce will thicken as it cools, make it right before you’re ready to serve it )