Loaded with fresh veggies and drizzled in a light homemade dressing, these tasty vegetarian Greek Quinoa Bowls make healthy eating a breeze!
Whenever I ask what recipes you’d like more of, healthy vegetarian eats is always the most popular response. I think it goes without saying that I’m super happy to oblige; that’s what this crazy little blog of mine is all about!
Many of the dishes I create can be paired alongside your favorite protein for those favoring the t-rex lifestyle or combined with even more veggie-centric eats for a vegetarian feast.
Is there something else you’d like to see more of while I’m at it? Let me know in the comments section, by email, or hit me up on social media. I’d love to pick your brain so I can custom fit my recipes to my awesome readers!
We found an amazing Mediterranean restaurant here in Pensacola recently called Hummus, and it’s the most delicious little hole in the wall! Paul and I were seriously swooning with every bite, excitedly planning our next visit before our meal was even halfway finished. A few days later, when I finally plowed through the remnants of the mountain of tabouleh and hummus I brought home, I was left with a bit of a food hangover.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 + 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 TBSP fresh parsley
- Pita wedges
- Fresh tomatoes
- Sliced or chopped avocado
- Lemon wedges
- First rinse and drain your quinoa using a mesh strainer or sieve.
- Bring a medium saucepan to medium heat and lightly toast the quinoa to remove any excess water.
- Stir as it toasts for just a few minutes. This step is optional but really adds to the nuttiness and fluff factor of the quinoa!
- Next add your water, set burner to high, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered with the lid slightly ajar, for 12-13 minutes or until quinoa is fluffy and the liquid has been absorbed.
- While the quinoa cooks, chop and prep the remaining ingredients and whisk together your dressing ingredients.
- Snag your now-fluffy quinoa from the pot and give it a little fluff with a fork.
- For a chilled salad, you can pop the quinoa in the fridge for a few minutes prior to adding your veggies or simply let it cool on the countertop for a few minutes for a room temperature quinoa bowl. Totally up to you!
You can find complete recipes of this GREEK QUINOA BOWLS in peasandcrayons.com