I don’t even know where to begin. How do I explain how insanely delicious and AMAZING this Hot Fudge Pudding Cake is!? 🙂 I’m hoping the pictures speak for themselves, but just in case they don’t I’ll try and fill you in.
A super simple homemade cake batter bakes up into a beautiful chocolate cake with warm fudge hidden inside! The chocolate flavor is spot-on and the combo of cake with creamy fudge is perfection. It’s basically a dream-come-true dessert.
This cake is seriously the best and could not be easier to make. From start to finish it’s ready in about 40 minutes. I hope you all try it out asap! 🙂
HOT FUDGE PUDDING CAKE
An incredibly delicious chocolate cake oozing with warm chocolate fudge! Serving it with vanilla ice cream is a must!
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Whisk ½ cup sugar with ¼ cup cocoa powder and set aside.
- Whisk the flour, remaining ½ cup sugar, remaining ¼ cup cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk milk, butter, egg yolk, and vanilla in medium bowl until smooth. Stir milk mixture into flour mixture until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips (batter will be stiff).
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape batter into prepared pan and spread into corners. Sprinkle reserved cocoa and sugar mixture evenly over the top. Gently pour boiling water over cocoa. Do not stir.
- Bake until the top of the cake is cracked, sauce is bubbling and a toothpick inserted into cakey area comes out mostly clean, about 22-24 minutes. Cool on rack for at least 10 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
- Yields: 1 (8×8) inch pan.