I don’t even know where to begin. How do I explain how insanely delicious and AMAZING this Hot Fudge Pudding Cake is!? 🙂 I’m hoping the pictures speak for themselves, but just in case they don’t I’ll try and fill you in.
A super simple homemade cake batter bakes up into a beautiful chocolate cake with warm fudge hidden inside! The chocolate flavor is spot-on and the combo of cake with creamy fudge is perfection. It’s basically a dream-come-true dessert.
This cake is seriously the best and could not be easier to make. From start to finish it’s ready in about 40 minutes. I hope you all try it out asap! 🙂
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk ½ cup sugar with ¼ cup cocoa powder and set aside.
- Whisk the flour, remaining ½ cup sugar, remaining ¼ cup cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk milk, butter, egg yolk, and vanilla in medium bowl until smooth.
- Stir milk mixture into flour mixture until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips (batter will be stiff).
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape batter into prepared pan and spread into corners.
- Sprinkle reserved cocoa and sugar mixture evenly over the top.
- Gently pour boiling water over cocoa. Do not stir.
- Bake until the top of the cake is cracked, sauce is bubbling and a toothpick inserted into cakey area comes out mostly clean, about 22-24 minutes.
- Cool on rack for at least 10 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
You can find complete recipes of this HOT FUDGE PUDDING CAKE in life-in-the-lofthouse.com