Love brownies? Love mint chip ice cream? You are going to really love these Mint Chip Brownie Ice Cream Squares!
Of course when you layer brownies, ice cream, chocolate fudge and whipped cream… there is really no way it’s going to be bad! =)
I think I can safely say I often make tasty things… but this is seriously the best thing I’ve made all summer!
Not only is this frozen pie delicious, this dessert is quite easy to make, can be made up to a couple days in advance, and both kids and adults LOVE it!
My mom used to make ice cream “cakes” in the summer and I’d almost forgotten how much I love this kind of dessert!
Certainly the combinations are almost limitless… in fact, don’t be surprised if I make another one or two before summer is over!
- Brownie Layer
Choose a boxed mix designed for a 9″x9″ pan. I used Ghirardelli Fudge Brownies.
- Ice Cream Layer
1 carton (1.5 quarts) Mint Chip Ice Cream
- Chocolate Layer
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
-OR- use good quality hot fudge sauce (1 to 1 1/2 cups)
- Whipped Cream Layer
Use 1- 8oz tub of Whipped Topping (Cool Whip)
-OR- 1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Chopped Andes Mints, mini chocolate chips, chocolate pearls, etc.
- Line a 9″x13″ pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare brownies according to package, then spread batter into pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs, but no wet batter.
- Cool Brownies.
Ice Cream Layer
- Allow a carton of ice cream to sit out at room temperature about 20 minutes, until soft enough to spread over the cooled brownies.
- Once the ice cream has been evenly spread, place the entire pan in the freezer to allow the ice cream to re-freeze.
- Heat the cream in the microwave for 1-2 minutes until hot (watch it so it does not boil).
- Add chocolate chips to the hot cream and set aside (undisturbed) about 3 minutes to allow the chocolate to melt.
- After 3 minutes, stir the chocolate until the cream and chocolate are fully combined.
You can find complete recipes of this Mint Chip Brownie Ice Cream Squares in glorioustreats.com