Looking for a quick and easy Summer dessert recipe? Try out delicious No Bake Summer Berry Icebox Cake !
After such a great response from No Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake, my brain started churning with other similar ideas.
Summer is so close and the hot temperatures, are already in full swing where I live, and I have NO desire to crank up my oven. That’s where this No Bake Summer Berry Icebox Cake comes into play!
There’s very little preparation involved in this recipe, which makes it great for hot summer days or for crazy busy days (fighting off the million to-dos running through your head to catch a few precious hours of sleep, sounds familiar?). You can throw it together whenever you have time (even the day before is fine) and it will be ready and waiting for you in the refrigerator when you want a sweet treat!
The wonder of the No Bake Summer Berry Icebox Cake is that you layer graham crackers, cream cheese pudding mix, fresh berries – since it’s fresh berry season, I couldn’t resist adding the strawberries and blueberries to this dessert. They’re pretty, they make it look fancy, and it just feels like “summer.”, drizzle the white chocolate over the top and stick it in the icebox, aka the refrigerator. After a few hours, the crackers absorb the moisture from the fruit and pudding and develop a cake-like texture. You can have your cake without even baking!
No Bake Summer Berry Icebox Cake
Recipe type: Dessert
- 19 oz graham crackers
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 (3.4 oz) packages Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 2-1/2 cups cold milk
- 12 oz Cool whip (or homemade whipped cream)
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 oz whi
- Beat cream cheese and dry pudding mixes in large bowl with mixer until blended.
- Gradually beat in milk.
- Gently stir in Cool Whip or homemade whipped cream, reserving ½ cup.
- Spread a thin layer of cool whip in a 9×13 pan just to coat the bottom.
- Layer 5 graham crackers across the center of the pan, then 2 more, breaking them as needed to fit around the top and bottom edges.
- Spread a layer of pudding mixture over grahams and top with a layer of blueberries and sliced strawberries.
- Place graham crackers on top of berries, then pudding mixture, then layer of berries again.
- Repeat the graham-pudding-berries layers 1 more time (3 times total) and you should reach the top of the pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight until the graham crackers have softened completely.
- When ready to serve, melt white chocolate chips in a bowl as directed on package and drizzle over dessert.
- You can use a spoon to drizzle it over the tops of the berries or you can put it into a small zip-top bag and snip of the corner for an easy “piping bag.”