Quick and easy recipe for overripe bananas, perfect for a special breakfast or an afternoon snack!
This recipe was inspired by the age-old problem, how to use up overripe bananas.
No matter how hard I try to buy a good number of bananas for my family, I can never seem to get it right. If one week I don’t have enough, I try to buy a few more the next week, but then it seems I have too many!
Luckily there are lots of yummy things you can do with overripe bananas. Banana bread is really the first thing that comes to mind, but sometimes that is a little more trouble than I have the energy or time to tackle. This recipe is so quick and easy, and it is perfect for a special breakfast or even an afternoon snack!
PAN FRIED CINNAMON BANANAS
- 2 slightly overripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons sugar (you can substitute granulated Splenda, if you like)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Olive oil spray
- Slice the bananas into rounds, approximately ⅓ inch thick.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Spray a large skillet with olive oil spray. Warm over medium heat.
- Add the banana rounds, sprinkle about ½ of the cinnamon mixture on top, and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the rounds, sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon mixture, and cook about 2-3 more minutes, until the bananas are soft and warmed through.