A super-simple sweet comfort food, made with 3 ingredients! No mixer, no eggs! Just layer fruit, cake mix and butter right in the baking dish, and a delicious dessert bakes up that’s somewhere between a cobber and a fruit crisp. Keep it good and simple, or try a variation to twist up the fun.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a 13×9-inch or other shallow 3-qt. baking dish, dump 2 cans of peaches and syrup. Drain the third can and add only the peaches to the baking dish.
- Top peaches with dry cake mix; spread it out evenly across the entire surface of peaches.
- Drizzle cake mix with butter.
- Bake 55 minutes to 1 hour or until top is deep golden brown and fruit is bubbly. Dust with powdered sugar or top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream before serving, if desired.
VARIATIONS: Prepare as recipe directs, except:
• For PRALINE PECAN PEACH COBBLER DUMP CAKE, in a small bowl, combine ¼ cup melted butter, 1/2 cup packed brown sugar and 1½ cups chopped pecans; sprinkle over butter before baking.
• For RASPBERRY CREAM PEACH COBBLER DUMP CAKE, top with fresh raspberries and whipped cream before serving.
• For SALTED CARAMEL PEACH COBBLER DUMP CAKE, top each portion with a drizzle of hot caramel sauce and a small pinch of coarse sea salt before serving.
• For TOASTED ALMOND PEACH COBBLER DUMP CAKE, sprinkle ½ cup sliced almonds evenly over butter before baking.
• For BOURBON PEACH COBBLER DUMP CAKE, stir 2 Tbsp. bourbon into peaches before topping with cake mix.